Jul 17, 2019
As an ASCO member, you know and work with incredible people who have dedicated their lives to conquering cancer. Please help ASCO recognize the best and brightest in the field by nominating an excellent colleague, mentor, teacher, collaborator, leader, or friend for an ASCO Special Award.
Submitting a nomination takes just a few moments—you will be asked to log in to the nomination page, select an award, enter an individual’s name, and provide brief answers to a few questions about the individual’s contributions and qualifications. You may nominate an individual for more than one award as long as they meet the criteria for each.
ASCO presents Special Awards to recognize individuals who have made significant contributions to ASCO, the practice of clinical oncology, people with cancer, or activities that have an impact on public awareness about cancer, its causes, cures, or treatment. All ASCO members are invited to submit nominations for Special Awards (self-nominations are welcome) by August 1, 2019.
Nominations are being accepted for the following awards:
- ASCO-American Cancer Society Award and Lecture: Distinguished lecturers who have made a significant contribution to cancer prevention and control research or practice.
- B.J. Kennedy Award and Lecture for Scientific Excellence in Geriatric Oncology: Geriatric oncologists who have demonstrated outstanding leadership and achievement in the field, with a professional record that includes advanced scholarship and effective mentorship of fellows.
- Gianni Bonadonna Breast Cancer Award and Lecture: Active clinical and/or translational researchers with a proven track record in mentoring fellows and junior faculty and with a distinguished record of accomplishments in advancing the field of breast cancer.
- Pediatric Oncology Award and Lecture: Pediatric oncologists who have demonstrated outstanding leadership or achievement in the field.
- Allen S. Lichter Visionary Leader Award: ASCO members who have demonstrated innovative and inspirational leadership to significantly advance the mission of ASCO and transform oncology and the overall cancer community.
- David A. Karnofsky Memorial Award and Lecture: Oncologists who have made outstanding contributions to cancer research, diagnosis, and/or treatment.
- Excellence in Teaching Award: Physician educators who have had a demonstrable impact on their trainees (residents, postdoctoral fellows, and/or clinical fellows).
- Humanitarian Award: Oncologists who personify ASCO’s mission and values through their voluntary and non-compensated humanitarian endeavors.
- Distinguished Achievement Award: Scientists, practitioners, or researchers whose leadership or mentorship has benefited ASCO members and/or their patients.
- Partners in Progress Award: Individuals involved in patient advocacy activities that impact public awareness about cancer or that result in legislative or fiscal support for cancer research, treatment, prevention, or care.
- Science of Oncology Award and Lecture: Individuals known for their major contributions to basic or translational research in cancer.
Additional criteria and requirements may apply to some awards. If you have any questions or require assistance with submitting your nominations, please email email@example.com.
The Special Awards will be presented at the ASCO Annual Meeting on May 29 – June 2, 2020, in Chicago, Illinois.