Oct 10, 2018
In anticipation of Hurricane Michael, ASCO is committed to providing members in affected areas with resources we hope will help you stay safe, manage your practice, and care for your patients.
We have compiled resources for you and your patients on ASCO.org, including:
- Patient resources and phone numbers for the NCI, CancerCare, and the Disaster Distress Helpline
- Patient-focused guidance from Cancer.Net, ASCO’s patient-information website
- ASCO staff contact information to assist your practice
- ASCO State Affiliate contact information for states likely to be affected
We will update this resource page regularly during and after Hurricane Michael as more resources become available, so please check back when you are able. Additionally, we will be sharing updates via our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn channels.
ASCO is seeking physician volunteers who are available to see patients impacted by the hurricane. If you or a colleague is interested in providing this essential support, please send the following information to Lisa-Marie Pratt at Lisa-Marie.Pratt@asco.org:
- First name, last name, and designation(s)
- Phone number
Please know that you have the support of ASCO, your professional society, as you make emergency preparations for yourself, your practice, and your patients. If you have additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.