Feb 01, 2016
ASCO is seeking candidates for Editor in Chief of ASCO Connection. The 5-year term will begin in December 2016.
ASCO Connection is a bimonthly member magazine and companion professional networking site. The Editor in Chief is responsible for providing leadership and strategic vision for the publication, as well as editorial oversight for scientific content.
Candidates must be ASCO members in good standing. Interested candidates or those wishing to nominate a candidate should submit a letter of interest, along with their curriculum vitae, to Managing Editor Virginia Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than March 1, 2016.
The Editor in Chief’s responsibilities include:
- Providing oversight for the print and online editions of ASCO Connection
- Working with Editorial Board members to oversee the development of content and recommend article topics
- Suggesting authors and reviewing content for scientific columns, such as the Current Controversies in Oncology and Current Insights in Oncology columns
- Reviewing the Table of Contents and final proof of each issue
- Moderating phone conferences and meetings with the Editorial Board as needed
Selected candidates will receive further information regarding the application process from the ASCO Connection Editor in Chief Search Committee.