May 26, 2020
A new version of the free, award-winning, Spanish-enabled Cancer.Net Mobile application was released on May 21. The updates to the app, which is available on both iOS and Android platforms, include:
- Comprehensive My Health Report: All information that is tracked within the Cancer.Net Mobile app can be compiled into a comprehensive report and either printed or emailed so that users can share relevant information with members of their health care team or loved ones.
- Integration with Apple Health data (iOS only): Information such as step count, resting heart rate, blood pressure, and sleep analysis that is stored in the Apple native health app can be optionally shared with the Cancer.Net Mobile app and included in the My Health Report.
- Customized notifications about new Cancer.Net blog posts, podcasts, and videos.
The app is a resource for patients with cancer and has features that include:
- Appointments: Enter and view upcoming and past appointments and sync them with the device’s calendar, as well as add questions, symptoms, or medications to your mobile device calendar
- Information: Up-to-date guides on 120+ types of cancer, including treatment, managing side effects, cost of care, and living with cancer, as well as the latest videos, podcasts, and Cancer.Net Blog posts
- Medication log: Record when medication is taken and set reminders with push notifications
- Record questions: Track questions to ask the health care team and record their answers
- Provider information: Enter their health care providers' full contact information and assign questions for them
- Symptom tracker: Note symptoms and side effects and automatically plot severity, date, and time in an easy-to-read line graph.
Some of the awards the Cancer.Net app has received include a gold award from the Fall 2019 Digital Health Awards in the Mobile Digital Health Resources - Mobile Application category; a Silver Winner in the 15th Annual Davey Awards in the Mobile Apps/Sites - Education category; and an Award of Excellence for the Best Mobile User Interface from the 25th Annual Communicator Awards.
Download the app today at the App Store or on Google Play.