Nov 03, 2021
ASCO is pleased to announce the 2021-2022 participants in its new Leadership Development Program for the Asia Pacific Region (LDP-AP). Based on ASCO’s well-regarded LDP program, the LDP-AP is the first LDP to be held outside of the United States. Developed under the direction of ASCO’s Asia Pacific Regional Council, it is a yearlong program designed to create a talented network of clinicians who are empowered to identify and fill leadership roles in oncology and promote interdisciplinary collaboration across the region. The program will adapt leadership training and experiences to the Asia Pacific context.
The LDP Asia Pacific cohort represents diverse countries, resource settings, backgrounds, and specialties, and was selected by the ASCO Asia Pacific Regional Council through a competitive application process.
The LDP Asia Pacific Program Committee consists of LDP alumni Roselle B. De Guzman, MD (Philippines), Rebecca Dent, MD (Singapore), Monica Malik, MD, DNB (India), and subject matter experts Frank D. Ferris, MD (United States) and Shannon Y. Moore, MD, MPH (Unites States). The program content is designed to help participants build skills in communication, conflict management, leading teams, productivity, and more, and will be delivered both virtually and in person.
Participants will also work on small group projects that define an important issue in oncology care in the Asia Pacific Region. Volunteer mentors for these small groups include Melvin Chua, PhD, MBBS, FRCR (Singapore), Lillian L. Siu, MD, FASCO (Canada), and Martin R. Stockler, MBBS, MS, FRACP (Australia).
2021-2022 Leadership Development Program Class
- Sophia Frentzas, MBBS, BSc, MRCP, PhD, FRACP (Australia)—Medical Oncology
- Kaori Tane, MD (Japan)—Surgical Oncologist
- Jimmy Billod, MD, MHA, MT (Philippines)—Gynecologic Oncologist
- Krittiya Korphaisarn, MD (Thailand)—Medical Oncology
- Ruinuo Jia, MD (China)—Medical Oncology
- Rashid Lui, MBChB, MRCP (Hong Kong)—Gastroenterologist
- Yu-Li Su, MD (Taiwan)—Medical Oncology
- David Lee, MBBS, MMed (Malaysia)—Clinical Oncology
- Minkyu Jung, MD, PhD (Korea)—Medical Oncology
- Wah Wah Zu, MBBS (Myanmar)—Radiation Oncology
- Hang Hoang, MD (Vietnam)—Medical Oncology
- Tiara Bunga Mayang Permata, MD, PhD (Indonesia)—Radiation Oncology
Originally published October 27, 2021; updated November 3, 2021.