Welcome to Molecular Oncology Tumor Boards
The Molecular Oncology Tumor Boards are a series of bi-monthly, user-driven discussions designed to help cancer care providers with the interpretation and understanding of tumor molecular profiling tests and studies. Moderated by an expert pathologist and medical oncologist, each case will be updated with new information over a 2-week period as user comments are added. Sign in with your ASCO username and password to participate. After 2 weeks, the discussion will be locked to further commentary and users will be able to claim CME credit for their participation. Visit ASCO University to learn more.
To participate in discussions on other oncology-related topics, visit ASCO’s member community on myConnection. Connect with colleagues, build your professional network, exchange ideas, collaborate, and more
1. What histopathological and/or molecular features, if any, are prognostic for this patient’s diagnosis?
2. What are the optimal testing methods for IDH mutation, MGMT methylation status, and 1p/19q deletional status?
A new case will be...
1. Which men with prostate cancer should be referred to genetic counseling for consideration of genetic testing?
2. If we as oncologists are ordering the test ourselves due to the shortage of genetic counselors, which test should we order? Is testing...
1. What treatment options would be considered next?
2. What are the clinical features and molecular hallmarks of Ph-like ALL?
1. What is the optimal specimen for molecular testing?
2. Should testing for ALK translocation be conducted?
3. What is the optimal first line therapy for ALK-translocated lung cancer?