Welcome to Molecular Oncology Tumor Boards
The Molecular Oncology Tumor Boards are a series of bi-monthly, user-driven discussions designed to help cancer care providers with the interpretation and understanding of tumor molecular profiling tests and studies. Moderated by an expert pathologist and medical oncologist, each case will be updated with new information over a 2-week period as user comments are added. Sign in with your ASCO username and password to participate. After 2 weeks, the discussion will be locked to further commentary and users will be able to claim CME credit for their participation. Visit ASCO University to learn more.
To participate in discussions on other oncology-related topics, visit ASCO’s member community on myConnection. Connect with colleagues, build your professional network, exchange ideas, collaborate, and more
1. Who should get routine molecular testing at the time of diagnosis of NSCLC and what genes should be included in the molecular panel?
2. What is the proper timing of testing and sequencing of available therapies?
3. What treatment options are available...
1. Recognize the diagnosis of CML and importance of bone marrow biopsy at presentation.
2. Apply considerations when choosing initial therapy.
3. Recognize when to switch therapy when response is suboptimal.
4. Identify how to treat...
Is further tissue needed to confirm radiologically presumed metastatic disease or for repeat HER2 testing? What systemic therapy option would you recommend for confirmed HER2 negative metastatic gastric cancer?
Recognize the clinical characteristics and outcomes for patients with FLT3 mutations?
Describe the role of FLT3 inhibitors for the initial treatment of AML?
Understand the role of gene mutations, including CLT3, in the pathologic classification of...