The NCI Community Oncology Research Program (NCORP) is a national network of cancer care investigators, providers, academia, and other organizations that care for diverse populations in the health system.
There has been a consolidation of NCI (@theNCI) cooperative groups into the new NCTN including ECOG-ACRIN (@EAOnc, #EAOnc), SWOG (@SWOG, #SWOGOnc), Alliance (@ALLIANCE_org, #AllianceNCTN), NRG (@NRGOnc, #NRGOncology), COG, as well as the University of Rochester and Wake Forest (ref: http://ow.ly/zScPb). The NCORP integrates prior networks (NCCCP & CCOP) into one new program.
Current NCORP sites are shown here: http://ncorp.cancer.gov/about/sites.html
Links for the NCTN research bases are as follows:
- Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology: http://www.allianceforclinicaltrialsinoncology.org/main/
- COG: http://www.childrensoncologygroup.org/
- ECOG-ACRIN: http://ecog-acrin.org/
- NRG: http://www.nrgoncology.org/
- SWOG: http://www.swog.org/
A few short updates since my last post:
- Twitter hashtags: #CCDR, #NCORP
- #NCORP Hashtag Influencers, Transcript & Analytics via @symplur http://ow.ly/AdIMM
- New NCORP Link: http://ncorp.cancer.gov/
Upcoming NCTN/NCORP 2015 meetings
OT Full listing of conferences: http://bit.ly/OTMeetings
- 4/29-5/2 - SWOG
- 4/30-5/2 - ECOG-ACRIN
- 5/13-16 - Alliance
- 7/15-19 - NRG (combined NSABP, RTOG, GOG)
- 8/27-28 - NCORP Annual Meeting at NCI
- 9/10-12 - URCC (University of Rochester Cancer Center)
- 10/6-9 - COG
- 10/15-17 Wake Forest
If there are others, please comment below to let us know and we’ll add them to the list.
Technology to Share Information
ECOG-ACRIN has introduced a free Mobile Conferencing App for the Spring 2015 meeting, via the EventPilot Conference App. As described from the notice:
- View the current schedule of sessions and receive automatic updates of changes
- Browse sessions by Day, Track or Session Chair
- Locate your session room on the interactive map
- Connect directly to our Group Meeting website for additional info.
Additional features available after logging into the app (by creating a username and password of your choice):
- Create your own customized schedule
- Take personal notes on sessions
- Post public comments about each session
- And more.
To install the free app on your iPhone, iPad, Android Phone, or Android Tablet:
- Search the Apple App store or the Google Play store for “EventPilot”
- Install “EventPilot Conference App”
- When prompted, enter the following as the event code: ECOG-ACRIN Spring 2015
Contact information: Infotech@ecog-acrin.org.
NCI MATCH Study
The EAY131-NCI MATCH--Molecular Analysis for Therapy Choice--is not yet activated, but is anticipated to start soon. This study, headed by Peter O'Dwyer, MD, may eventually involve more than 40 drugs from a variety of sponsors. At study activation approximately nine drugs would be available. This study covers solid tumors and lymphoma. The NCI central IRB will be utilized. NCI MATCH includes in parallel 31 Phase II clinical trials, with response rate as the primary endpoint (5% vs. 25%).
Cancer Care Delivery Research (CCDR)
CCDR was discussed in a previous post.
There are currently no CCDR activated in the NCORP.
The launching of the NCI Division of Cancer Prevention's Central IRB (CIRB) has launched. This will cover NCORP studies. That should improve efficiency and hopefully decrease the heterogeneity of IRB reviews (REF: ow.ly/q5OBr).
This post originally was published on Oncology Times and is reprinted with permission of Oncology Times.