Congratulations on starting your oncology fellowship! Here are some tips to help guide you through this exciting time in your training.
- Getting into a competitive fellowship like hematology/oncology is a great achievement by itself, but shining through the fellowship is another ordeal. Dr. Uqba Khan shares five lessons he learned to control stress during his first year of fellowship.
- Keeping a professional attitude in your fellowship will help you avoid common pitfalls that could keep you from the successes you deserve. Dr. Michael Postow of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center shares tips for maintaining a professional attitude during your fellowship.
- Now is the perfect time to start building your oncology network. Here are some tips to get the ball rolling.
- Conducting research during fellowship can lead to significant opportunities, but there can also be obstacles. Dr. Sarbajit Mukherjee discusses the importance of mentorship and securing resources in his article.
- Deciding whether to start a family during fellowship is a big question mark for some new fellows. Dr. Catherine Aftandilian shares advice she learned during her experience as a fellow and mother of two young children.