ASCO presents Special Awards
to recognize individuals who have made significant contributions to ASCO, the practice of clinical oncology, people with cancer, or activities that impact public awareness about cancer, its causes, cures, or treatment. All ASCO members are encouraged to take a moment and nominate individuals for the 2015 Special Awards.
The awards are as follows:
- American Cancer Society Award and Lecture
- B.J. Kennedy Award and Lecture for Scientific Excellence in Geriatric Oncology
- David A. Karnofsky Memorial Award and Lecture
- Distinguished Achievement Award
- Excellence in Teaching Award
- Gianni Bonadonna Breast Cancer Award and Lecture
- Humanitarian Award
- Partners in Progress Award
- Pediatric Oncology Award and Lecture
- Public Service Award
- Science of Oncology Award and Lecture
- Special Recognition Award
To nominate a colleague, go to webapp.asco.org/Nomination. Individuals may be nominated for more than one award as long as they meet the criteria for each. Nominating an individual requires answering a few questions concerning the nominee’s qualifications for that particular ASCO award. All ASCO members are eligible to nominate. The nomination period will end on September 8, 2014.